Where to Get Mental Health Support

If you are concerned about your own or your child’s mental health, talking to your GP can be a helpful first step. They can refer you to your local community mental health service (e.g., Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service) or elsewhere if needed.

The following helplines are also available 24/7 to provide support:

  • Need to talk? (1737 – free call or text)
  • The Depression Helpline (free call 0800 111 757 or free text 4202)
  • Youthline (free call 0800 376 633 or free text 234)
  • Alcohol Drug Helpline (free call 0800 787 797)

You can also contact your local mental health crisis assessment team if you or someone else require urgent emergency support